Friday, July 30, 2010

TLC marathon woooo

I don't have the channel TLC at home so when I'm staying in hotels it is sometimes a treat to get to watch reality shows about clothes and wedding dresses and bakeries all night (not so much a fan of the shows about tattoos and motorcycles and giant families though).

Tonight I got to watch Say Yes to the Dress (LOVE IT) and the NEW Say Yes to the Dress, Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta which was so awesome, AND this new show called DC Cupcakes.

The cupcake show is pretty good except that a few of the scenes are obviously staged.  But oh well.  Anyway there was just this scene where a mom came in and was like "hi, I want a billion cupcakes for my daughter's sweet 16 party and here are the swatches of the table linens and also the swatch of the colour of her dress, plz make cupcakes to match."  Ummmmm WHAT???

So anyway they made these absolutely gorgeous cupcake centrepieces.  Cupcakes that looked like yellow roses were attached into clay pots to look like beautiful pots of flowers!  So beautiful.  Anyway the mom took one look and was like "Ummmm these DO NOT look like the swatch I gave you."

What???  I just can't believe people have so much money to throw around that they have massive sweet 16 parties with swatches in the first place, let alone flat out complain about the colour of icing (which totally didn't clash with the swatches and looked way better than the colour of the stupid swatch) without saying how great the centrepieces looked.  Are you kidding me?  Who are these people?  I don't want to know them.

ALSO:  these new iPhone 4 commercials where people are chatting on FaceTime (I think that's what it's called?) are so lame.  They aren't heartwarming at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment